Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Tornado

It is exactly as serious as it sounds. We not only live with the daily threat of tornado activity...We see constant action of touchdown during the day light hours. It started out in the living room this morning. Mason had left a cup of ice on the side table last night which obviously turned into water. That water ended up on my floor and warranted an outfit change from a certain little boy. We have footage of some mornings disasters. Starting in the kitchen Ike unloaded stuff that is stored in the cupboard under the sink. Since this is a common occurrence there isn't much stored. Just the roll of garbage bags and some soda. Moving on he wanted to help cook. He must have been hungry for cookies or pizza since those are the only pans the tossed onto the floor. After cleaning these up twice already I gave up and left them on the floor until he went down for a nap. He gave up on cooking and moved over to the drawer filled with shopping bags. Since I used these to line small trash cans or toss smelly diapers I had hoped he was trying to help or tell me something. But instead the contents of the drawer was emptied for fun. The undamaged area so far today is the pots and pans cupboard and another drawer filled with cooking utensils. I'm sure those areas will be hit during supper clean-up hours. Also due to this little guy our trash can has been temporarily moved to behind the gated stairs until he can listen when we say 'LEAVE IT ALONE!' I had enough of the kitchen remodel so I moved him back to play with Dani in the now messy (horses and toys everywhere) living area. I finished getting dressed only to come back to...

OH MY STARS I NEED A NAP!


I didn't document the contents of the laundry basket that was thrown across the floor due to some unmentionable items. Nor did I take a record of the toilet paper that had been unraveled. This boy never stops. I can honestly say now..BOYS ARE VERY DIFFERENT FROM GIRLS! My girls were never this much trouble. I understand now why I haven't been able to keep up on my household duties. Other than the fact I have been blogging, I am ALWAYS cleaning up a disaster. He sure is a good looking tornado and I welcome him every morning with big kisses and hugs!

2 comments:

Mariann Alexander said...

I had always heard that boys were harder when they are little. But I never had anyway to confirm it. Welcome to my world, Tara.

Unknown said...

I LOVE IT! How funny! Boys definitely are different than girls an keep you moving.. He is so cute! Good luck keeping up with him. :)