Friday, May 21, 2010

Survival needs!

A fellow blogger did a post on things she was unable to live without in her life. I have enjoyed reading others who have followed suit and decided I would post mine for you all to read. Those of you who blog and haven't done this yet...I'm curious. So here goes:

FIRST THINGS FIRST:


Having Mason in school and working has taught me many things, mainly, I NEED this guy. I've also been a pretty independant person so I would like to think that I don't need anyone or anything to make me happy. I guess part of marriage is always needing your other half! He just finished another semester and the summer break is here (something I live for all winter long) but unfortunately this guy will continue to stay busy. He has piled on an athletic training job at the school he attends and will continue to work full time in the lumbar yard. Of course he wants to add to his ever growing resume he has also accepted an internship again with a local baseball team. I'll keep reminding myself of my favorite quote: This too shall pass (in about a year)!!!

A very close second...my girls and soon I'm sure my boy (18 more days). Not only do these girls keep me busy, they can entertain. I need Allie because she is the second mom of the house. She has a geniunely caring heart and sweetness about her. She is also very willing to help with anything. Dani is my buddy. She likes to snuggle, get hugs and kisses, and actually makes me feel like a mom. (Allie is very independant) Dani is also helpful but mostly because she wants to also be with me. Together they are a great combination to have for kids. It will be interesting and exciting to see what Ike will bring to this mixture!

ONTO OTHER THINGS:


Of all the things in life that relate to beauty a nightly shower is something I NEED! I can live without a bathtub (currently we are) but a steamy hot shower is the best end to any kind of day. A shower for me relieves stress, makes me feel better if I'm sick, and overall sends my muscles into relaxation mode. I seriously can't sleep without one.



I love the sun. I love the warmth. I love to sit outside and watch my girls play. Why I ever agreed to move back to Wisconsin is beyond me, but the sun is something I need in my life. Unfortunately, Mason's favorite hobby is downhill skiing...meaning I'll never escape snow.



DON'T JUDGE:

If you know me at all, you would think this would have even come before Mason, but I can't live without snacks. Ice cream, soda, chips, cookies, candy bars (specifically Reese Peanut Butter cups); I'm a snack junkie. Two cookies (oreos if I can choose) after dinner is the best dessert ever. AND what better way to watch a movie or your favorite television episode than to sit down with a bowl of ice cream covered in chocolate (strawberries are good also) or chips and a soda. I've tried and these items are things that I just can't give up. Disclaimer: I do not eat all of these items daily!


SERIOUSLY:




I love to the gym. I like a good bike ride or run. I especially like that Mason is an athletic trainer to help with a workout program. Since I'm not born with the perfect body nor do I help the matter (see my snack list) not only is the gym a must it is also something I really enjoy. Recently I have discovered some very nice Wii games to help with my fitness obsession!! And it wouldn't be complete with an ipod and a good playlist.


LASTLY:


Recently two lady-friends of mine and I have been doing monthly Girl's night out/book club. So Lindsay and Shannon....I can't live without you currently (we won't talk about the day when I'll have too)!! In all seriousness, with Mason so busy it is nice to have a night for just the girls. It has been especially fun because we stay OUT late. It makes me feel young and not an old lady mom!! Plus some of the topics we discuss, well...Mason isn't just isn't as fun!

2 comments:

BrandonandJeana said...

Thanks for sharing Tara-T...totally forgot to add all that junk food on my list...agree completely. Except, if I could...I WOULD eat it all on a daily basis. Its so nice to hear the way you talk about your girls and Mason...LOVE YOU GUYS!

Shannon said...

Cute post Tara! :)

And thanks for the shout-out...I think I speak for both of us when I say we feel the exact same way. :) That's definitely one of the highlights of my month!!

And I am a TOTAL snack food junkie too.